The 4-H Blender Bike is a fun and interactive teaching tool used to communicate healthy living messages such as the importance of incorporating physical activity and a healthy diet full of fruits and vegetables into daily life. The bike is great for attracting participants to health events and exhibits!
A?Journal of Extension article describing the Blender Bike can be found here.
Blender Bike Curriculum
- Adjusting the Blender Bike
- Blender Bike Fact Sheet
- Managing the Blender Bike at Events
- Preparing to Use the Blender Bike
- Balancing Calories In - Calories Out
- Calories In Calories Out Activity Directions
- Calories In Calories Out - Category Cards
- Calories In Calories Out - Food Cards
- The Beat Goes On Activity Directions
- Using a Blender Bike to Make Smoothies in a Teaching Setting
- Create Your Own Recipe
- Additional Recipes
- Smoothie Advocacy
- What is a Smoothie?
- Smoothie Recipe Handout
- Beyond Smoothies
- Using Local Foods with the Blender Bike
- Evaluating Blender Bike Activities
- Blender Bike Report Form
OSU Extention Educators interested in borrowing the 4-H Blender Bike should contact Theresa Ferrari at firstname.lastname@example.org for availability.
*The Blender Bike is currently only available to OSU Extension employees.