What is a Call for Proposals?
The Call for Proposals is?a yearly?request for educational session?and workshop ideas that will be considered for offering at the virtual Ohio 4-H Conference,?which will be February 20, 23, & 25, 2021.?
The conference planning committee is looking to you to share your skills and leadership in your area of expertise to further the success of 4-H’ers across Ohio! This is your call to join other forward thinkers like yourself to explore, create, and celebrate Ohio 4-H.
Extension professionals, adult volunteers and teen 4-H members are encouraged to submit proposals on the wide range of topics of interest to 4-H audiences. Possible educational tracks include:
- Advisor Resources
- Animal Sciences
- Developing Leadership Skills (including public speaking)
- Effective 4-H Clubs and/or Committees
- Healthy Living
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) – feel free to include an “A” if are so inclined, as in Arts or Agriculture
- Project Specific (e.g., foods & nutrition, clothing, still/misc. projects, etc.)
There are two different types of conference learning opportunities for 2021:
- Session (35 minutes)
- Double Session (75 minutes)
What is your area of expertise? Goats, engines, natural resources, leadership, or quilting? How about duct tape creations? All submissions are considered!
Teen volunteers are highly encouraged to submit proposals too. Come network with your peers and share what you do in your county!
Nearly 1,300 people have come together at the Columbus Convention Center for this event. Each person chooses from a wide selection of topics taught by Extension professionals, volunteers, and teens just like you! Interested in facilitating a session?
The deadline to submit your proposal is October 30, 2021.
When will I be notified if I’ve been selected?
Applicants will be notified of their status via email early November.
How can I give my proposal a good chance of being selected?
Review the 2020 program. We favor original content;?however, if you want to discuss a topic that has already been done, add a new twist or something unique.
- Who:? ? ? YOU!
- When:? ? The Ohio 4-H Conference is February 20, 23 & 25, 2021. The deadline to submit your proposal is October 30, 2020.
- Where:? ?Virtual
- How:? ? ??Online Submission