2020 Ohio Youth SKillathons
The cancellation of the Ohio State Fair due to concerns about the spread of coronavirus?also included cancellation of the 2020 Ohio State Fair Skillathons. We want to support the continued learning needs of youth livestock and companion animal exhibitors throughout Ohio, so Ohio State University Extension and the Department of Animal Sciences are pleased to offer virtual Skillathons this year. Our 4-H Animal Sciences team will conduct online Ohio Youth Skillathons this year with the opportunity to compete for the highest score; no cash awards will be involved. These Skillathons will include the same educational materials, by species, that are typically evaluated at the Ohio State Fair. Save the dates for the species you want to participate in and put your 4-H project knowledge to the test! Times,?details about rules and registration are provided on this page. If you have questions about the Ohio 4-H Skillathon, contact?us at email@example.com.
- Horse Skillathon: Thu 7/23/2020 (10:00 AM – 6:00 PM)
- Goat Skillathon: Fri 7/24/2020 (10:00 AM – 6:00 PM)
- Dairy Skillathon: Sat 7/25/2020 (10:00 AM – 6:00 PM)
- Sheep Skillathon: Wed 7/29/2020 (10:00 AM – 6:00 PM)
- Dog Skillathon: Mon 8/3/2020 (10:00 AM – 6:00 PM)
- Poultry Skillathon: Tue 8/4/2020 (10:00 AM – 6:00 PM)
- Swine Skillathon: Wed 8/5/2020 (10:00 AM – 6:00 PM)
- Beef Skillathon: Thu 8/6/2020 (10:00 AM – 6:00 PM)
- Rabbit Skillathon: Fri 8/7/2020 (10:00 AM – 6:00 PM)
Skillathons are open to any Ohio 4-H member, age 8 and in the 3rd grade, or 9 years old and older regardless of grade level,?to age 18 as of January 1, 2020, and FFA members. 4-H and FFA members turning 19 on or before December 31, 2019,?are too old to participate in skillathons.
- 2020?Ohio Youth?Skillathon Rules and Registration?(posted 6.26.2020)
- All Skillathons are open to any Ohio 4-H member, age 8 and in the 3rd grade, or 9 years old and older regardless of grade level,?to age 18 as of January 1, 2020, and FFA members.
- You do not have to exhibit a particular species to participate in that species Skillathon.
- Any specific rules for an individual species will be outlined on the testing site.
- Skillathons will be delivered through Scarlet, a university-approved distance learning site. You must have access to a mobile device or computer with ability to access the internet.
- Even though the Skillathons are online this year, each Skillathon?must?be taken by the youth only without assistance from family or friends.
- There will be 4 stations in each Skillathon that will make up 4 separate, timed modules.
- Each station will have a time limit (typically 5 minutes per station).
- If your child requires any testing accommodations, please contact us in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to make accommodation arrangements.
- Results will be posted for each age category, age division, and overall after the Skillathon is completed. Participants will receive an email with a link to view the results.?
How to Register:
- Please register by visiting:?www.go.osu.edu/skillathonregistration
- Please answer all of the survey prompts.
- All exhibitors with need an email address?specific to that exhibitor?that can be used as your log-in credential (this is also where the first-time registration will be).
- For example, a family with 3 children participating must have a unique email address for each child.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
- 2020 Ohio Youth Skillathons Flyer?(posted 6.26.2020)
- 2020 Ohio Youth Skillathons Calendar?(posted 6.26.2020)